Wednesday, January 21, 2004

  • Bought an Al tape for ME395. I thought that this woud be better than the one I have now, but I think the adhesion is not enough to fill slits on the edges.
  • ChemStore: tabletop work paper and paper towel for ME395.
  • Prepared wafer molds for the lab tomorrow.
  • Parameters used for the previous preparation and lab don't work with no reason. Probably need to adjust the exposure time.
  • Flow test with sol-gel Dr. Su supplied. The solution could go in 2 channels but stopped in the middle of them. The solution never reached to the end of the cantilever. I think the inlets of the channels were relatively hydrophoci, which made it hard for solution to go in, even though it can run through it provided there are plenty of supplies from the reservoir. Sol-gel prepared by Dr. Su: » 0.01 mol SnCl4 + 10 g ethanol + 1 g P123 + 4% (mol) Pt